Told ya I’d have a recipe for you this week!
This is basically a frozen version of the Pimm’s recipe I shared with you a few weeks ago. The perfect thing to make, store in your freezer and bust out on a hot summer day when you want something fruity, refreshing (and slightly alcoholic) to liven up your day.
These are so easy to make its unreal.
You need to make sure the Sprite/7-Up/ginger ale you’re going to use is flat when you’re ready to make these. The carbonation in these drinks will prevent any freezing – you want as few bubbles as possible when mixing these up. I recommend opening up the bottle and leaving it, open, in the fridge overnight. It should be ready to use the next day.
I don’t have any popsicle molds, so I just used little paper cups and lollipop sticks to make these and they worked like a charm. If you have popsicle molds though, I would use them. They have a nicer shape to them than cups.
Sliced fruit, Pimm’s, sprite, mint in one frozen treat. What could be better?
- 16 oz. Sprite/7-Up/ginger ale, flat
- 3/4 cup Pimm’s
- Sliced cucumber & strawberries
- Chopped mint leaves
- 1/2 cup water.
- Combine Sprite, Pimm’s and water.
- In popsicle molds, place a couple of pieces of sliced cucumber and strawberries and a few pieces of chopped mint leaves.
- Fill each mold with the Pimm’s mixture and freeze until set, at least 6 hours (this will take longer if the sprite wasn’t totally flat when used).