Is there a cookie with a better name than the snickerdoodle? I don’t think so, just saying the name will bring a smile to your face.
The cookies themselves will turn that smile into a cheesy grin. There is something so satisfying about this cookie. It’s soft, pretty (obviously important) and the cinnamon-sugar mix the dough is rolled in before it bakes takes it to a whole other level.
These cinnamon-sugar pillows are so easy to make and chances are you’ll already have all of the necessary ingredients in your kitchen.
I like to make things easy for you.
Snickerdoodles are a popular cookie in my house. I made these on Monday and sent some up to my sister as she prepares for her finals next week.
Bet you didn’t know snickerdoodles are brain food too, did ya? 🙂
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. cream of tartar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tbsp. ground cinnamon
- Cream together the butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, then stir in vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt.
- Combine the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients. Once combined, wrap dough in plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix together the 3 tbsp. sugar and 1 tbsp. cinnamon in a bowl.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls and roll in the cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Place on cookie sheets and bake for 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.