We’re getting all Spanish on the blog this week with the recipe for some fluffy, lemony magdalenas.
These are similar to the French madeleine but are made in cupcake form, have a little more lemon love and don’t need a fancy pan to make them!
They come together so fast and they taste really good. Chances are you have all of the ingredients at home already, maybe with the exception of the lemons.
A cup of tea or coffee and a magdalena are a match made in heaven, trust me 😉 It’s like having a little bite of sunshine on these dreary, wet days here in Portland.
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar, plus more for sprinkling
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- Zest of two lemons
- 1 tbsp. milk
- 1 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Place 12 cupcake liners in a muffin pan and set aside.
- Whisk together the eggs and sugar. Melt your butter and slowly add it to the eggs and sugar, mixing to incorporate. Add the lemon zest and milk.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour and baking powder, then add to the other ingredients to create your batter.
- Fill each cupcake liner 1/2 full and sprinkle with some sugar.
- Bake for 18 minutes, until lightly browned and cooked through. Place on a wire rack to cool.